Friday, July 24, 2009

023.) Going to a Hookie Lau...

(and it just so happens the killer was caught - in this picture! - taken before we even began)




There was a murder mystery party at the local library tonight. The theme was "Lethal Luau" and of course I came completely overdressed. Four-inch wedge heels (making me 6'4'') and a 1940s Hawaiian print two-piece outfit, the blouse tied under the bust so of course I froze solid in the air conditioning. But I was dressed quite appropriately for my role as Holly Day, the third wife of a reclusive billionaire.

I should have taken a picture of my outfit, but Kelly's battery was dying
and I could only manage this one shot of the pineapple at my table. Turns out, I got a two-for-one! The killer, Joey "'Bo-'Jo" Breakers, is seated at far right munching on (what else?) pineapple.

There were two tables set up in the community room of the library, each with seven characters a piece. There were times when I could barely hear myself think (the other table being quite rowdy) and therefor missed some of my cues.

We feasted upon dried papaya slices, cookies, cheese and crackers and the typical tropical fruit platter. There was also a very delicious punch of cranberry, pomegranate and soda (I must get the recipe for this).

In spite of the fact that I watch far too many crime shows on television and therefor guessed (correctly) who the killer was before the first round was through - the party was great fun.

Next party is in October. I think I'll sit at the other table and play a man - or at least sit at the other table so that when I go back to the "old" table I can play a man. Yeah. Something like that.

1 comment:

Annie said...

It was Dried Mango slices, and the recipe for the punch is Lite Cranberry/Pom juice mixed with Fresca soda. SO glad you came. You can overdress anytime!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin